Q: How do you receive payments from International Clients?
A: Our international clients can remit payment through various ways including:
- Fiverr (for selected assignments)
- Western Union transferred to our OCBC Bank account
- Telegraphic Transfer
Q: Do you provide pro bono services?
To qualify, you must meet these criteria:
- A non-profit organisation which relies entirely on membership subscriptions; or
- A small business operating under 5 years generating less than USD200,000 in revenue per year.
In return, I request one of three:
- A love gift;
- Featuring the work as part of my portfolio; or
- A testimonial.
Q: What languages do you write in?
A: I write in the English language and Bahasa Malaysia.
Q: Aldric, what services do you offer to marketers who need copy written?
A: I offer three (3) primary services to copywriting clients:-
- Copywriting – I write the text for marketing collaterals and sales literature like your social media posts, company profiles, website content, landing pages, sales letters, print ads, e-mail marketing messages, press releases.
- Copy critique – I review the copy you have written, provide you my opinion along with recommendations on how to improve it.
- Consulting – I advise you on your marketing strategy. This means: where should you deploy your sales literature and marketing collateral? What do you offer to them? How can you measure the campaign? Where can you improve the campaign? Answering questions like these is consulting. Some businesses may need me to act as a coach where I probe with questions to get a direction and destination.
Q: Have you worked for clients remotely?
A: Since 2006, I’ve met my clients only once each – if ever. They are usually hundreds of miles away from me.
This was when we were limited by text messages and emails, they received their copy & content seamlessly.
Today we are spoilt by choice:-
- WhatsApp calls, video calls, & texts
- Telegram calls, video calls, & texts
- WeChat calls, video calls, and texts
- Cheaper roaming rates
- Cheaper IDD rates
Q: Aldric, why is On-Boarding Necessary? Can’t I just email you my marketing materials?
A: Onboarding conferences and meetings help me understand your business more. Better understanding means the copy, content, and recommendations are consistent with your organisation’s philosophy, business direction, business objectives, and values.
Besides that, it’s not all about you. It’s also about your customers and audience consuming your content. To effectively connect with them, the research about them is crucial.
You know them best.
During the onboarding conferences and meetings, I will ask you about how your customers relate to you. That bond is something emails and messages cannot accurately convey.
Q: How soon will you respond?
A: While I was working as an Associate Director (Business Development & Project Delivery) at a social media analytics and digital media consultancy, there were two unspoken rules:
- All WhatsApp messages must be answered within 5 minutes; and
- All emails within 30 minutes.
When transcending time zones, this response rate may not always be possible. You will receive a response as soon as I read the message or email.
Q: Aldric, your fees are somewhat more than we can afford. Can you help with that?
What are you comfortable to spend and what are you trying to accomplish? If my cost estimate does not exceed that budget, you can afford me. If my quote is above that, we may be able to accept ou by adjusting the scope of services.
For example, if you can’t afford the content writing and strategy of a 9-page website, you most likely can still get a 5-page with simpler content.
Let’s discuss the options and come up with a campaign and price that works for you.